Mark was born and educated in Ireland, coming to the US in 1986 when he was twenty one. With 10 years of Survey / Engineering and 22 years of land development experience behind him, he is uniquely suited to help you with your development needs.
TERRA NOVO CONSULTING, Wilmington, NC. Dec 2009 – Present
ST. JAMES PLANTATION, Southport, NC. Nov 1996 – Dec 2009
Vice President of Land Development
- Managed the preparation of all new property, general site operations and maintenance of existing infrastructure. Scheduled and reviewed all project bidding, construction and maintenance.
- Managed all land planning, HUD and PUD preparation, rezoning and planning board submissions, DENR, DOT, US Army Corp and local permitting requirements as well as survey plat preparation.
- Prepared budgets and pro forma’s for seven different development companies and issue monthly budget reports and weekly status reports. Reviewed all development related invoices.
- Inspected property to recommend development viability on all new projects.
- Reviewed all property owner and builders problems to determine fault and resolve. Advised the Property Owners Association and Architectural Review Board on regulation changes.
- Project experience included managing the development of over 3,200 single family and 162 multi family units on 6,000 acres. Construction of two bridges, a full service marina with 151 wet and 320 dry slips, a 600,000 GPD sewage treatment system and two golf courses.
BOSWELL ENGINEERING, South Hackensack, NJ. Sept 1993 – Nov 1996
CAD / MIS Director
- CAD Directors responsibilities included project planning and tracking clients CAD requirements and monitoring 42 CAD workstations utilized by 6 departments.
- MIS duties included managing and maintaining 76 computers and 2 network operating systems.
- Repaired and upgraded current systems, recommended new purchases and software installation.
- Developed and implemented computer Standards Company wide.
- Conducted software training classes, as well as custom program development for AutoCAD.
- Engineering project experience included Interstate reconstruction and ramp design for Connecticut DOT using Softdesk to develop horizontal and vertical alignments including templates for super elevated sections. Project manager experience included heading the Town of Fort Lee and Guttenberg tax map projects and the New York Sprint Spectrum antenna location construction Project.
GC STEWARTS ASSOCIATES, Roseland, NJ. July 1992 – Sept 1993
- Major and Minor subdivision design including road and lot layout, contours, profiles, sections and drainage design. Prepared landscaping, detention pond and lighting plans.
- Developed a municipal tax geographical information system (GIS) for AutoCAD that used County tax records for applications such as complaints, zoning and 911 calls.
GEOD CORPORATION, Newfoundland, NJ. June 1986 – July 1992
Senior Survey Technician
- Survey reduction including least squares adjustments for boundary analysis and photo control.
- Developed cut sheets, cut and fill calculations and stakeout for field crews.
- Prepared metes and bounds descriptions, property parcel, strip and condemnation maps.
- Implemented codes for data collectors and perform all survey instrumentation testing.
- Project experience included a 280 Acre property analysis for E.I. DuPont and subsequent plant remediation. The 1985-1990 widening program for the New Jersey Turnpike. Power cable alignment and easements for New York Port Authority.
Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland. 1983-1986
- Geo Surveying.
Novell Network Education Certificates in. 1993-1994
- Netware v3.1 Administration & Advanced Administration
- Netware Service & Support.
- Networking Technologies and Netware v3.1 1 to v4.0 Upgrade.